Big changes and a beautiful beginning...

This week has been a rollercoaster for my little family. We left our home in London to seek a better, quieter life in Cambridgeshire.

As I sat in the empty flat that was been my home for 20 years my heart aches with all it's memories. I know it's only bricks and mortar but these walls hold so many memories. Spending time with my parents here, long boozy nights putting the world to rights with friends some still in my life, others long gone. This is where I took refuge and hid from the world after losing our baby number one then on to happier times where we brought our perfect, healthy little girl home. This is where she has grown into a beautiful little girl, where she has laughed and cried, played with her closest friends. A place that she loves coming back to, somewhere familiar that she has known all her life.

And so begins a new chapter in our life, an adventure...we are renting a little house with a magical garden for the foreseeable future. I've spent the last few days manically unpacking trying to create a beautiful home but am still battling with the lack of storage and the mountains of stuff we've all accumulated over the years. I guess you make to create mess in order to tidy it but at the moment where ever I turn there are piles of things awaiting a new home.

We'll get there eventually and I need to stop putting pressure on myself to accomplish this almighty task in record time. This is now our home and we're not going anywhere so I need to take a breath and enjoy my surroundings.

We did just that on Saturday night, and I can't think of a better initiation into the city of Cambridge. We went to see the Cambridge Shakespeare Festival open air production of A Midsummer Night's Dream at the beautiful Kings College Gardens. Normally closed to the public and lying across the River Cam from the college itself, this was the perfect backdrop for the play and a picnic. The hot night heavenly scented by the vast array of flowers further reinforced our decision to leave London for a quieter way of life.








Comments