2015 Resolutions, oh and knitting...

I've never been one to wake up on New Year's Day with a long list of New Year's resolutions. I know only too well how good intentions fall by the wayside as the year progresses, so why beat yourself up about it in public by announcing a long list then renege on?

Secretly though I do create a tiny list in my mind, one of my resolutions this year is to explore my creativity through photography and crafting. The main ambition this year being to learn to knit. As a child my Mother taught me to sew and crochet which I loved, I made clothes until well into my 20s but then the career took over leaving limited time for creative pursuits.

Knowing my little secret, the husband kindly bought me a course for Christmas at the wonderful Craft Days in Saffron Walden, I began my 4 week course yesterday morning. I know I'm far from knitting a jumper or even a scarf but I thoroughly enjoyed the challenge. I realised that knitting is rather like Maths which was never my forte so it will be an upward struggle but one I'm determined to conquer!

Watch this space to track my progress throughout the year...











Comments