Oh, I do like to be beside the seaside...

Feeling weary from the excessive heat of last week there was nothing for it this weekend but to head for the coast in the search for cooler climes. With the promise of nearly 30 degrees on Saturday even in Norfolk, we got up early and headed for the beach. In all the times I've been to Norfolk I've never set foot in the sea, normally bitterly cold on Saturday I couldn't wait to leap in. In fact we spent most of the day splashing around, jumping through the waves. I took a few moments away to immerse myself in a book whilst Matilda and the husband played cricket, beach ball and an arduous round of tennis.

Watching the sea inspires a refocusing of energies, there is nothing more soothing that listening to the sound of the waves crashing, the laughter of children splashing in the water or watching the ripples kiss the shoreline. Hours can be spent in such activity washing away the stress of routine...I especially love this tousled sun kissed photo of Matilda showing off the fruits of a satisfying day playing simple games in the sun...









Comments